William P. Inskeep
Professor; Ph.D. 1985, University of Minnesota; M.S. 1982, Oregon State University; B.S. 1979, University of Idaho. Study of soil chemical processes important in agricultural systems and environmental sciences; research on the fate and mobility of chemicals in the environment, and mechanisms of chemical adsorption, precipitation and dissolution in natural systems.
- Langner, H. W., H. M. Gaber, J .M. Wraith, W. P. Inskeep and B. Huwe. 1998. Apparatus for constant-head solute transport and soil water characteristic determination. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 62: 110-113.
- Langner, H. W., W. P. Inskeep, H. M. Gaber, W. L. Jones, B. S. Das, and J. M. Wraith. 1998. Pore water velocity and residence time effects on the degradation of 2,4-D during transport. Environ. Sci. Tech. 32: 1308-1315.
- Macur, R. E. and W. P. Inskeep. 1999. Effects of a nonionic surfactant on biodegradation of phenanthrene and hexadecane in soil. Environ. Toxic. and Chem. (in press).
- Das, B. S., J. M. Wraith, and W. P. Inskeep. 1999. Soil solution electrical conductivity and nitrate concentrations in a crop root zone estimated using time domain reflectometry. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. (accepted 12/98).
- Jones, C. A., W. P. Inskeep, J. W. Bauder and K. E. Keith. 1999. Arsenic solubility and attenuation in soils of the Madison River Valley, Montana: Impacts of long-term irrigation. J. Environ. Qual. (submitted, 8/98).
- Doughten, R. A., W. P. Inskeep and C. G. Johnston. 1999. Mineralization of pentachlorophenol in soil by white-rot fungi in the presence of surfactants. Biodegradation (submitted 12/98).
- Bioremediation Ecology: Fundamental Relationships between Bioavailability Gradients and Diversity of Contaminant Degrading Microorganisms. NCERQA: EPA/DOE/ONR/NSF. PI’s- D. M. Ward and W. P. Inskeep. 10/1997 - 10/2000. $460,000.
- Reclamation maintenance on the Butte Hill. ARCO. PI’s - W. P. Inskeep and D. Dollhopf. 7/1998 - 7/2000. $72,280.
- Improved C, N and S analytical facilities for research in land resource management. USDA-NRICGP. PI’s R. Engel, P. Hook, W. P. Inskeep, P. Miller. 9/1998 - 8/1999. $37,472.
- Prokaryotes and their viruses in thermal soils: Diversity and relationships in an unexplored habitat. National Science Foundation. T. R. McDermott (PI), M. Young, W. Inskeep, J. Wraith. (Co-PIs). 7/1998 - 6/2001. $300,000.
- Microbial diversity in extreme thermal soils. The Murdock Trust. T. R. McDermott (PI), M. Young, W. Inskeep, J. Wraith (Co-PIs). 5/1998 - 4/1999. $47,700.
Current Instructional Responsiblities:
- LRES 355 - Soil and Environmental Chemistry (Fall, odd years)
- LRES 555 - Soil & Aquatic Chemistry (Spring, odd years)