William P. Inskeep
Professor; Ph.D. 1985, University of Minnesota; M.S. 1982, Oregon State University; B.S. 1979, University of Idaho. Study of soil and environmental chemistry including aqueous geochemistry, mineralogy, geomicrobiology, redox cycling, and chemical fate and transport. Current research projects focus on the biodegradation of hydrocarbons in soils and natural waters, the oxidation and reduction of arsenic in soils, and the geomicrobiology of acidic geothermal systems.
- Langner, H. W., H. M. Gaber, J .M. Wraith, W. P. Inskeep and B. Huwe. 1998. Apparatus for constant-head solute transport and soil water characteristic determination. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 62: 110-113.
- Langner, H. W., W. P. Inskeep, H. M. Gaber, W. L. Jones, B. S. Das, and J. M. Wraith. 1998. Pore water velocity and residence time effects on the degradation of 2,4-D during transport. Environ. Sci. Tech. 32: 1308-1315.
- Macur, R. E. and W. P. Inskeep. 1999. Effects of a nonionic surfactant on biodegradation of phenanthrene and hexadecane in soil. Environ. Toxic. and Chem. (in press).
- Das, B. S., J. M. Wraith, and W. P. Inskeep. 1999. Soil solution electrical conductivity and nitrate concentrations in a crop root zone estimated using time domain reflectometry. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. (accepted 12/98).
- Jones, C. A., W. P. Inskeep, J. W. Bauder and K. E. Keith. 1999. Arsenic solubility and attenuation in soils of the Madison River Valley, Montana: Impacts of long-term irrigation. J. Environ. Qual. (submitted, 8/98).
- Doughten, R. A., W. P. Inskeep and C. G. Johnston. 1999. Mineralization of pentachlorophenol in soil by white-rot fungi in the presence of surfactants. Biodegradation (submitted 12/98).
- Bioremediation Ecology: Fundamental Relationships between Bioavailability Gradients and Diversity of Contaminant Degrading Microorganisms. NCERQA: EPA/DOE/ONR/NSF. PI’s- D. M. Ward and W. P. Inskeep. 10/1997 - 10/2000. $460,000.
- Reclamation maintenance on the Butte Hill. ARCO. PI’s - W. P. Inskeep and D. Dollhopf. 7/1998 - 7/2000. $72,280.
- Improved C, N and S analytical facilities for research in land resource management. USDA-NRICGP. PI’s R. Engel, P. Hook, W. P. Inskeep, P. Miller. 9/1998 - 8/1999. $37,472.
- Prokaryotes and their viruses in thermal soils: Diversity and relationships in an unexplored habitat. National Science Foundation. T. R. McDermott (PI), M. Young, W. Inskeep, J. Wraith. (Co-PIs). 7/1998 - 6/2001. $300,000.
- Microbial diversity in extreme thermal soils. The Murdock Trust. T. R. McDermott (PI), M. Young, W. Inskeep, J. Wraith (Co-PIs). 5/1998 - 4/1999. $47,700.
Current Instructional Responsiblities:
- LRES 355 - Soil and Environmental Chemistry (Fall, odd years)
- LRES 555 - Soil & Aquatic Chemistry (Spring, odd years)