Kevin M. O'Neill
Professor, Ph.D. 1981, Colorado State University; M.S. 1978, Colorado State University; B.S. 1975, S.U.N.Y college of Environmental Sciences and forestry at Syracuse University. Insect behavior and ecology, with particular reference to foraging, pollination, thermoregulation and parental strategies; influence of land management practices on insect communities; biological constraints on insect population and community sampling.
- Evans, H.E. and K.M. O'Neill. 2007. The Sand Wasps: Behavior and Natural History. Harvard University Press: Cambridge, MA. xvii + 340 pp.
- O'Neill, K.M. 2001. Solitary Wasps: Natural History and Behavior. Cornell University Press: Ithaca, New York. xiii + 406 pp.
- O'Neill, K.M., J.F. O'Neill, and R.P. O'Neill. 2007. Sublethal effects of brood parasitism in Isodontia mexicana (Hymenoptera: Sphecidae). Ecological Entomology 32:123-127.
- O'Neill, K.M. and M.G. Rolston. 2007. Short-term dynamics of behavioral thermoregulation in the grasshopper Melanoplus sangunipes (Orthoptera: Acrididae). Journal of Insect Science 7 (27), available online: www.insectscience.org/7.27.
- Jensen, P.J., K.M. O'Neill, and J.F. O'Neill. 2007. Biological Notes on Heriades carinatus Cresson, Heriades leavitti Crawford and Heriades variolosus (Cresson) (Hymenoptera: Magachilidae). Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington 109: 249-252.
- O'Neill, K.M. and R.P. O'Neill. 2007. Ovary structure and oocyte size in relation to female size and age in brood parasitic wasp Stizoides renicinctus (Say) (Hymenoptera: Crabronidae). Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington (in press).
Current Instructional Responsibilities:
- BIOL 204 - Insect Biology (Fall)
- BIOL 403 - Evolution (Spring)
- CLS 201 - University Seminar (Fall)
- ENTO 500 - Seminar (Fall, odd years)
- ENTO 514 - Behavioral Ecology (Fall, even years)
- Kevin O'Neill's Homepage
- The James and Mary Ross Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching and Scholarship (2007)