The LRES department offers advanced study leading to:
- Thesis M.S. in Land Resources and Environmental Sciences
- Professional M.S. in Land Resources and Environmental Sciences (fully online)
- Thesis M.S. in Land Rehabilitation (cross-departmental)
- Thesis M.S. in Entomology (cross-departmental)
- Ph.D. in Ecology and Environmental Sciences (cross-college)
Graduate student research projects are related to the diverse interests of LRES faculty members. The department conducts research projects in land rehabilitation, restoration ecology for land and streams, watershed science, hydrology, biogeochemistry, land-atmosphere exchange, plant and soil ecology, environmental microbiology, cropping systems and sustainability, environmental risk assessment, integrated pest and weed management, and insect behavior and ecology.