Manure Nutrient Management
Manure can be a valuable on-farm nutrient source adding organic matter and mobile nutrients to increase soil fertility and build soil structure. Precautions regarding manure application and manure rates need to be considered before applying. The articles and links on this page address these management issues.
- Manure Nutrient Management sponsored by Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center
- Using Manure as Fertilizer (EB0184)
Minimizing Pesticide Contaminated Soil Around the Home and Garden. MSU MontGuide on reducing prevalence of contaminated soil amendments.
- Managing Nitrate and Bacteria in Runoff from Livestock Confinement Areas with Vegetative Filter Strips
- Water Quality and Your Livestock Facilities
- Clean Water Act brings new AFO/CAFO definitions and regulations
- NRCS Nutrient Management Page
- NRCS Animal Feeding Operations
- NRCS Animal Waste Management