Soil Acidification: Resources
- Soil acidification in the semiarid regions of North America's Great Plains. March/April 2019 Crops & Soils is open-access to all readers and available for 0.5 CEU in Nutrient Management for
CCAs. Contact us for pdf version.
- Soil Acidification: An Emerging Problem in Montana, Fertilizer eFact No. 78
- This MSU press release gives an overview of the issue, this AgAlert provides details on what to look for.
- The Soil Scoop Soil Acidification: Management
- The Soil Scoop Soil Acidification: Problems, Causes, & Testing
- Crop and Fertilizer Management Practices to Minimize Nitrate Leaching (MT201103AG)
- Minimizing Nitrate Leaching from Cropland (EB0226)
- Soil pH and Organic Matter (4449-8)
- Soil Sampling and Laboratory Selection (4449-1)
- Soil Sampling Strategies (MT200803AG)
Additional presentations are available on our Presentations webpage.
- Soil Acidification: Helping farmers ID, prevent, and mitigate. MSU CPMS Jan 2019.
- Soil Acidification and Pesticide Management. MSU Pesticide Ed. Prog. Nov 2018.
- Soil Acidification: Causes, impacts, and solutions in the western US. youtube WERA-103 presentation. Summer 2018
- Highwood Bench, MSU/CARC and Post Farm field day handout
- Clain Jones interview with Russell Nemetz from Northern Ag Network. May 2018. Causes and management options
- Preventing Soil Acidification. Ft Benton. Feb 2018
- Acidity and Al Toxicity: Awareness & Understanding. MT CD Convention. Nov 2017
- Understanding Acidification and Management of MT Soils. Denton. March 2017
- Soil Acidification: Causes, Management and Research. Chouteau Co. CD, NRCS, MSU. March 2017
- Soil Acidification. Chouteau Co., Highwood, Jan 2016
- The Ins and Outs of Soil pH and Buffer pH Testing. by Dr. Amber Moore, Oregon State University and WERA-103
- Acidifying Soil for Crop Production: Inland Pacific Northwest. Pacific Northwest Extension Publication PNW 599-E. Oregon State University
- Applying Lime to Raise Soil pH for Crop Production (Western Oregon). Oregon State University Extension EM 9057.
- Eastern Oregon Liming Guide. Oregon State University Extension EM 9060
- Management Strategies to Reduce the Rate of Soil Acidification. University of Nebraska Extension NebGuide G1503
- Soil Acidity in Oregon: Understanding and Using Concepts for Crop Production. Oregon State University Extension EM9061
- Washington State University – assorted lime fact sheets, scroll down to find the Soil pH & Liming section http://smallgrains.wsu.edu/soil-and-water-resources/publications/