- Inoculants and nutrient management of pulses - Ag Agent Update, Jan 2017 (pdf)
- Pulse crop inoculation and fertilization - Hill Co. Extension Pulse Workshop, Jan 2017 (pdf)
- Cover crops and soil health - MABA, Jan 2017 (pdf)
- Pulse crop N credits - Great Falls, National Pulse Growers, Nov 2016 (pdf)
- Soil health and cover crops - Three Forks County Workshop, Feb 2016 (pdf)
- Soil health and cover crops - Sheridan and Helena County Growers Workshop, Feb 2016 (pdf)
- Soil building, cover crops, and nutrient management for forages - Pondera County Workshop, Jan 2016 (pdf)
- Replacing fallow with cover crops and effect on leaching - CPMS, Jan 2016 (pdf)
- Cover crops and soil health: MSU studies' results - MT Farm Bureau, Nov 2015 (pdf)
- Cover crops and soil health: Organic focus - Montana Organic Growers, Dec 2015 (pdf)
- Cover crops: MSU studies results - CPMS, Jan 2015(pdf)
- Cover crop studies at MSU: Initial findings - MT Farmers Union Oct 2013
- Cover Crop Mix study overview - Winter 2012
- Legume green manure and preliminary results from cover crop mixture study - Shelby Dec 2011
Publications and Reports
- Miller, P, C Jones, Burgess, M, R Engel, and A Bekkerman. 2015. Pea in rotation with wheat reduced uncertainty of economic returns in southwest Montana.
Agronomy Journal. 107(2): 541-550.
- O’Dea, J, C Jones, C Zabinski, PR Miller, and I Keren. 2015. Legume and cropping intensity effects on selected soil quality attributes after eight
years in a dryland wheat agroecosystem. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 95:179-194.
- Jones, C, P Miller, M Burgess, S Tallman, M Housman, J O’Dea, A Bekkerman, and C Zabinski.
2015. Cover cropping in the semi-arid west: effects of termination timing, species, and
mixtures on nitrogen uptake, yield, soil quality, and economic return. In: Western Nutrient Management Conference Proceedings. 11:39-44. Reno, NV. Mar
- McCauley, AM, CA Jones, PR Miller, MH Burgess, and CA Zabinski. 2012. Nitrogen fixation by pea and lentil green manures in a semi-arid agroecoregion: effect
of planting and termination timing. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 92:305-314
- Miller, PR, EJ Lighthiser, CA Jones, JA Holmes, TL Rick, and JM Wraith. 2011. Pea green manure management affects organic winter wheat yield and quality in semiarid
Montana. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 91:497-508
- Miller, PR, RE Engel and JA Holmes. 2006. Cropping sequence effect of pea and pea management on spring wheat in the northern
Great Plains. Agronomy Journal 98:1610-1619
- Chen, C, P Miller, F Muehlbauer, K Neill, D Wichman, and K McPhee. 2006. Winter pea and lentil response to seeding date and micro and macro-environments. Agronomy Journal. 98:1655-1663