- Soil health and cover crops - Sheridan and Helena County Growers Workshop, Jan 2016 (pdf)
- Soil building, cover crops, and nutrient management for forages - Pondera County Workshop, Jan 2016 (pdf)
- Replacing fallow with cover crops and effect on leaching - CPMS, Jan 2016 (pdf)
- Cover crops and soil health: MSU studies' results - MT Farm Bureau, Nov 2015 (pdf)
- Cover crops and soil health: Organic focus - Montana Organic Growers, Dec 2015 (pdf)
- Cover crops: MSU studies results - CPMS, Jan 2015 (pdf)
- Cover crop studies at MSU: Initial findings - MT Farmers Union Oct 2013 (pdf)
- Cover Crop Mix study overview - Winter 2012 (pdf)
- Legume green manure and preliminary results from cover crop mixture study - Shelby Dec 2011 (pdf)
- Cover crop research by MSU: Part 1 - Perry Miller on cover crop management, Sept 2014 (video)
- Cover crop research by MSU: Part 2 - Clain Jones on chemical and physical impacts of cover crops on soils Sept 2014(video)
- Cover crop cocktails as partial summer-fallow replacement in no-till wheat-fall rotations
- MSU Tallman thesis, May 2014 (video)
- Mixed cover crops: An introduction - Fall 2013 (video)
- Cover crop studies at MSU: Initial findings - MT Farmers Union Oct 2013(video)
- The Burleigh County Soil Conservation District, North Dakota www.bcscd.com. The “Soil Health” page contains presentations and videos.
- Innovative No-till: Using Multi-Species Cover Crops to Improve Soil Health. ATTRA-NCAT webinar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjI2zWf4uMI
Publications and Reports
- Cover Crop Mixtures to Improve Soil Health Final Report 2016 (pdf)
- Montana Producer Survey on Cover Crops Report Fall 2015 (pdf)
- Cropping Sequence Effect of Pea and Pea Management on Spring Wheat. Fertilizer Facts No. 45
- Nitrogen Cycling from Pea Forage to Wheat in No-Till Systems. Fertilizer Facts No. 51
- Effect of Tillage on Nitrogen Cycling from Annual Legume Green Manures. Fertilizer Facts No. 58
- Improving Annual Legume Green Manure Management by Optimizing Seeding Rates and Termination
Timing. Fertilizer Facts No. 61
- Miller, P, C Jones, Burgess, M, R Engel, and A Bekkerman. 2015. Pea in rotation with wheat reduced uncertainty of economic returns in southwest Montana.
Agronomy Journal. 107(2): 541-550.
- O’Dea, J, C Jones, C Zabinski, PR Miller, and I Keren. 2015. Legume and cropping intensity effects on selected soil quality attributes after eight
years in a dryland wheat agroecosystem. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 95:179-194.
- Jones, C, P Miller, M Burgess, S Tallman, M Housman, J O’Dea, A Bekkerman, and C Zabinski.
2015. Cover cropping in the semi-arid west: effects of termination timing, species, and
mixtures on nitrogen uptake, yield, soil quality, and economic return. In: Western Nutrient Management Conference Proceedings. 11:39-44. Reno, NV. Mar
- McCauley, AM, CA Jones, PR Miller, MH Burgess, and CA Zabinski. 2012. Nitrogen fixation by pea and lentil green manures in a semi-arid agroecoregion: effect
of planting and termination timing. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems. 92:305-314
- Miller, PR, EJ Lighthiser, CA Jones, JA Holmes, TL Rick, and JM Wraith. 2011. Pea green manure management affects organic winter wheat yield and quality in semiarid
Montana. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 91:497-508
- Miller, PR, RE Engel and JA Holmes. 2006. Cropping sequence effect of pea and pea management on spring wheat in the northern
Great Plains. Agronomy Journal 98:1610-1619
- Chen, C, P Miller, F Muehlbauer, K Neill, D Wichman, and K McPhee. 2006. Winter pea and lentil response to seeding date and micro and macro-environments. Agronomy Journal. 98:1655-1663