LRES Program Learning Outcomes
Expected competencies for LRES majors include a diverse set of discipline-specific and interdisciplinary knowledge, skills, and abilities to include:
- An understanding of core theoretical principles and applications in evolutionary, ecological and physical environmental sciences.
- Ability to access, read, and critically assess the quality and source of environmental information.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of data analysis in environmental sciences, including statistical analysis, model building, and graphical presentation of data.
- The ability to effectively write and present scientific material.
- An understanding of the ethical implications of conducting and applying environmental science.