Soil Acidification: Resources
Acidification of Cropland Soil: Impact, Causes and Solutions . Overview of issue and MSU research-based actions to take. June 2020
The Importance of Soil pH, podcast with Dr. Larry Oldham and Dr. Clain Jones
- Soil acidification in the semiarid regions of North America's Great Plains. March/April 2019 Crops & Soils is open-access to all readers and available for 0.5 CEU in Nutrient Management for
CCAs. Contact us for pdf version.
- Soil Acidification: An Emerging Problem in Montana, Fertilizer eFact No. 78
- Soil Acidification: Mitigating Yield Loss with Seed-placed P Fertilizer and Aglime, Fertilizer eFact No. 79
- Soil Acidification: Remediation with Sugar Beet Lime, Fertilizer eFact No. 80
- The Soil Scoop Soil Acidification: Management
- The Soil Scoop Soil Acidification: Problems, Causes, & Testing
- Crop and Fertilizer Management Practices to Minimize Nitrate Leaching (MT201103AG)
- Minimizing Nitrate Leaching from Cropland (EB0226)
- Soil pH and Organic Matter (4449-8)
- Soil Sampling and Laboratory Selection (4449-1)
- Soil Sampling Strategies (MT200803AG)
A list of past presentations on soil acidification is listed on our Presentations webpage.
- Soil Acidification of Cultivated Fields in Semiarid Montana: Adaptation and Challenges to Remediation. WSU Farmers Network Webinar. April 2020. By Rick Engel, on his MT research.
- To lime or not: why and how. WSU free Farmers Webinar. March 2020.
- A brief video interview with Clain of how pulse crops can help reduce soil acidification (US Dry Pea and Lentil Council Jan 2020).
- N Fertilizer Rate and Soil Acidification NE MT Winter Series. Feb 26-29, 2019, Recorded version
- Soil Fertility, Testing, Amending (recording) Pondera Co. Master Farmer. Jan 31, 2019
- Soil Acidification: Causes, impacts, and solutions in the western US. youtube WERA-103 presentation. Summer 2018
- Clain Jones interview with Russell Nemetz from Northern Ag Network. May 2018. Causes and management options
- The Ins and Outs of Soil pH and Buffer pH Testing. by Dr. Amber Moore, Oregon State University and WERA-103
- Acidifying Soil for Crop Production: Inland Pacific Northwest. Pacific Northwest Extension Publication PNW 599-E. Oregon State University
- Applying Lime to Raise Soil pH for Crop Production (Western Oregon). Oregon State University Extension EM 9057.
- Eastern Oregon Liming Guide. Oregon State University Extension EM 9060
- Management Strategies to Reduce the Rate of Soil Acidification. University of Nebraska Extension NebGuide G1503
- Soil Acidity in Oregon: Understanding and Using Concepts for Crop Production. Oregon State University Extension EM9061
- Washington State University – assorted lime fact sheets, scroll down to find the Soil pH & Liming section http://smallgrains.wsu.edu/soil-and-water-resources/publications/